* Sun., Nov. 18, Miami, FL: Miami Book Fair Int'l
Sunday, Nov. 18, 4:00-6:00pm: "Three Journeys," a panel discussion with authors Scott Wallace, Andrew McCarthy and Eric Weiner. Miami Dade College, 300 NE Second Ave., Miami, FL 33132 Chapman Conference Center (Building 3, 2nd Floor, Room 3210)
* Thurs., Oct. 18, Warsaw, Poland: Wrzenie Świata Bookstore
7.00 pm -9.00 pm – official launch of Zaginione Plemie, "The Lost Tribe," the Polish edition of The Unconquered.
Konstantego Ildefonsa Gałczyńskiego 7, 00-001 Warsaw, Poland. More information at: 22 828 49 98
Transit: Muzeum Narodowe
* Thurs., Oct. 11, New York: City University of New York
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. INFORMATION ON NEW DATE TO FOLLOW. APOLOGIES FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
* Wed., Sept. 12, Richmond, VA: University of Richmond
Jepson Hall Auditorium, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA 23173
5:00pm -- Multimedia lecture "Speaking for Those Who Cannot Speak for Themselves: How to Protect the Amazon's Last Uncontacted Tribes."
Global Environment Speaker Series.
* Mon., Aug. 13, Indian Lake, NY: Indian Lake Theater
Indian Lake Theater, Route 28, Indian Lake, NY 12842.
7:00pm -- Multi-media presentation of "The Unconquered," Q&A and book-signing to follow.
More info: Hamilton County Reads: ben@bluemountaincenter. org
* Sun., July 29, Washington, DC: Politics & Prose
5015 Connecticut Avenue Northwest Washington, DC 20008.
5:00pm -- reading and discussion of "The Unconquered" and the Amazon's uncontacted tribes.
More information: 202.364.1919 or at Politics&Prose
* Tues., July 24: Paperback edition of "The Unconquered" on sale in bookstores everywhere
* Fri., May 25, Telluride, Colorado: MountainFilm
Sheridan Opera House, Telluride, CO 81435
2:00pm -- Multimedia presentation of "The Unconquered," discussion to follow.
For more information, visit www.mountainfilm.org.
* Thurs., May 10, Washington, DC: Amazon Conservation Team
7pm -- Addressing Board of Directors of the conservation and indigenous rights organization, Amazon Conservation Team (closed meeting)
* Wed. April 18, Claremont, CA: Pitzer College (and all the Claremont Colleges)
Benson Auditorium, 1050 N. Mills Ave, Claremont, CA 91711
7:00pm -- "The Unconquered: In Search of the Amazon's Last Uncontacted Tribes," multimedia lecture, presented by the Anthropology Field Group and the Dean of Faculty of Pitzer College. Open to students and staff of the Claremont Colleges and the general public.
* Mon., March 26: Crystal City, VA: Conservation International
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 500, Arlington, VA 22202. More information: 703-341-2574.
12:00pm -- Brown bag multimedia presentation "Uncontacted Tribes of the Amazon," Q&A and booksigning to follow. Open to the public.
* Fri., March 23, Metuchen, NJ: Reconteur Ventures
Old Franklin Schoolhouse, 491 Middlesex Ave, Metuchen, NJ. Info:
8:00pm -- Multimedia presentation of "The Unconquered"
Admission: $10 (counts toward purchase of book)
From NYC: Take NJ Transit's NE Corridor Line from Penn Staton. First stop after Metro Park (about 45 min from Penn Sta)
* Fri., March 23, New York City: The Leonard Lopate Show
12noon-12:40pm Live interview with New York's premier radio talk host, Leonard Lopate on WNYC 93.9FM
* Thurs. March 8, Clarksville, Ark: Univ. of the Ozarks
Walton Fine Arts Center, Clarksville, Ark. 940041. More information at: 479.979.1000
7:00pm -- Multi-media presentation of "The Unconquered," part of Walton Arts & Ideas Series
* Thurs., March 1, New York City: Rainforest Foundation
6:30-8:30 pm -- presentation to board of directors, donors, and friends of the Rainforest Foundation (closed meeting)
* Wed., Feb. 15, Windsor, CT: Loomis Chaffee School
Hubbard Performance Hall, 4 Batchelder Road, Windsor, CT 06095. More information at 860.687.6108
7:00pm -- Multi-media lecture, Speaking for Those Who Cannot Speak for Themselves: How to Protect the Amazon's Last Uncontacted Tribes
Booksigning to follow. Free and open to the public.
* Tues., Feb. 14, New Haven, CT: Davenport College, Yale University
248 York Street, New Haven CT 06511. More information at: 203.432.0555
4:00pm -- Masters Lecture: "In Search of the Amazon's Last Uncontacted Tribes" (multi-media presentation)
* Tues. Feb. 14, New Haven, CT: Yale Bookstore
77 Broadway, New Haven, CT 06511. More information: 203.777.8440
2:00-3:00pm -- meet and greet the author of The Unconquered, book signing
* Tues., Feb. 14, New Haven, CT: Yale University School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
Luce Hall, 34 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven CT 06520. More information: Sebastian Ramirez 203.809.9749
12:30-1:30pm -- Multimedia lecture " "Uncontacted Tribes of the Amazon: Confluence of Human Rights and Environmental Conservation""
* Mon. Feb. 13, Washington, DC: World Wildlife Fund
1250 24th St NW, 2nd Floor Conf Center, Washington, DC 20037 (next to the Fairmont Hotel)
12:00noon-1:30pm -- multimedia lecture "Wild Amazon," book signing to follow
* Fri. Dec. 16, Boston, MA: Explorers Club New England
Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel, 400 Soldiers Field Road, Boston, MA 02134. More information: 978.927.8827 ext 128, or email: email@example.com
7:00pm -- social hour; 8:00pm -- Multimedia presentation of "The Unconquered" and uncontacted tribes of the Amazon
* Thurs Dec. 15, Providence, RI: Brown University Books
244 Thayer Street, Providence, RI 02912. More information: 401-863-3168
6:00pm-- Reading from "The Unconquered" and book signing
* Fri. Dec. 9, Jackson, MS: Lemuria Books
202 Banner Hall, 4465 I-55 North, Jackson, MS 39206. More information: 601.366.7619
5:00pm -- book signing; 5:30pm -- reading and discussion of "The Unconquered"
* Wed, Dec. 7, Atlanta, GA: Eagle Eye Book Shop
2076 North Decatur Road Decatur, GA 30033. More information: 404.486.0307
7:00pm -- Reading from "The Unconquered"
* Fri., Dec. 2, New Hartford, NY: Barnes & Noble Books
4811 Commercial Drive, New Hartford, NY 13413. Information: 315.768.1075
7:00-8:00pm -- Meet the Author, booksigning.
* Thurs. Dec. 1, New Hartford, NY: New Hartford Senior High School
Oxford Road Auditorium, New Hartford Senior High School, Oxford Road, New Hartford, NY 13413
7:00pm -- Presentation on Uncontacted Tribes and booksigning to benefit Model UN Club.
* Wed. Nov. 30, Ithaca, NY: The Cornell Store
135 Ho Plaza, Ithaca, NY 14853
4:30pm -- presentation on Uncontacted Tribes and booksigning
* Tues. Nov. 29, Ithaca, NY: Buffalo Street Books
215 North Cayuga St, Ithaca, NY 14850. More information at: 607.273.8246
7:30pm -- Reading from "The Unconquered"
Sponsored in part by the Tompkins Co. Latino Association
* Tues. Nov. 22, Washington, DC: Busboys & Poets
2021 14th Street, NW (14th and V Streets) Washington, DC 20036. More information: 202.387.7638
6:30pm – Lecture and reading from "The Unconquered," Langston Room.
Co-sponsored by Amazon Watch, Teaching for Change, and Greenpeace
Mon., Nov. 21, Washington, DC: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20004. More information: 202. 691.4000
3-5:00pm: Discussion of "The Unconquered" and the issues surrounding indigenous peoples in the Amazon
* Sat. Nov. 19, Washington, DC: Explorers Club Washington Group
7:00pm -- Guest speaker at Explorers Club Washington Group (closed meeting)
* Wed. Nov. 16, Seattle, WA: Elliott Bay Book Company
1521 Tenth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98122. More information at: 206.624.6600
7:00pm -- reading from The Unconquered and multimedia show on the Amazon's uncontacted tribes
* Tues. Nov. 15, Portland, OR: Powell's City of Books
1005 W. Burnside, Portland, OR 97209. More information at: 503.228.4651
7:30pm -- reading from The Unconquered
* Sun. Nov. 13, Corte Madera, CA: Book Passage
51 Tamal Vista Boulevard, Corte Madera, Calif. 94925. More information at: 415.927.0960
4:00pm -- Sunday Reading Series, reading from The Unconquered
* Sat. Nov. 12, Berkeley, CA: Mrs. Dalloway's Bookstore
2904 College Avenue, Berkeley, Calif. 94705. More information: 510.704.8222
4:00pm -- Reading from The Unconquered
* Fri. Nov. 11, Pt Reyes Station, CA: Pt Reyes Books
11315 State Route 1, Point Reyes Station, Calif. 94956. More information at: 415.663.1542
7:00pm -- reading from The Unconquered
* Thurs., Nov. 10, Menlo Park, CA: Kepler's Books
1010 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025. More information at: 650.324.4321
7:00pm -- Reading from The Unconquered
* Wed. Nov. 9, Santa Cruz, CA: Capitola Book Cafe
1475 41st Avenue, Capitola, Calif. 95010. More information at: 831.462.4415
7:30pm -- reading from The Unconquered
* Monday, Nov. 7, New York City: The Explorers Club
46 East 70th Street, New York. Tel: 212.628.8383
7:00pm -- Monday Night Lecture, open to the public: "Uncontacted Tribes of the Amazon."
Click here to order tickets.
* Thurs, Nov. 3, Washington, DC: National Geographic Live! "Quest for Adventure" Lecture Series
Grosvenor Auditorium, National Geographic Society, 1745 M St. NW, Washington, DC 20036
7:30pm -- "The Unconquered: Brazil's Arrow People."
Tickets at nationalgeographic.com or National Geographic Box Office: 202.857.7700.
* Monday, October 24, New York City: The Half-King
505 West 23rd Street (10th Avenue), New York, NY 10011. More information at: 212.462.4300
7:00pm -- The Monday Reading Series.
* Thurs.-Fri Oct. 20-21, Miami: Society of Environmental Journalists Annual Conference
Friday, Oct. 21, 3:00pm -- panelist, "Indigenous People and Climate Change."
Available for press interviews at other times. Contact Ellen Folan, Crown Publishing: 202.782.8944; firstname.lastname@example.org
* Thurs. Oct. 20, Miami Beach: Books & Books
927 Lincoln Road # 118, Miami Beach, Fla. 33139. More information at: 305.532.3222
7:00pm -- Reading from The Unconquered